The central library and information center of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad tries to move in the vein of the perspective defined at the strategic program of the university which intends to be one of the two top comprehensive university of the country in generating science, idea-processing and developing technology, have a valid position among the 10 top universities of the Islam world and be among the world 500 superior universities with an Iranian-Islamic identity. In the same vein, the central library and information center’s mission is to reinforce education, research and researching activities of the university and supporting the university’s effort in enhancing the rank nationally and internationally via preparing, developing and facilitating access to scientific resources and information needed by the university and utilizing these resources..
The Apostolate and the Goal
The main goal of the central library is to help the qualitative level of education and research to get improved at the university via supplying necessary and enough print and electronic information resources and preparing a suitable environment for using these resources in the vein of education and research in shortest time and most useful condition possible.
Therefore, the following duties have been considered for the central library and information center:
- Preparing and Gathering librarian material including print, non-print and electronic material and providing the service of availability of scientific information and resources needed by the university’s researchers
- Managing the meetings of “The university’s scientific resources supply committee” on policy-making and targetful-being of preparing print and electronic resources
- Carrying out technical services (cataloging, organizing and indexing) of all resources of Ferdowsi university of Mashhad’s libraries
- Managing and monitoring the librarian comprehensive software under the university’s network
- Guiding and teaching clients in recovering and using information resources and providing information and comprehensive services to all clients
- Providing membership, borrowing and members’ checking out services
- Holding courses and educational workshops of information literacy continuously for faculties and students of different levels.
- Providing consultation services in the field of university’s libraries standardization in physical, utensil and equipment fields
- Preparing content and updating the website of the central library
- Utilizing modern methods of librarianship and informing and information advanced technologies in optimal use of human force, resources and facilities to propagate the information faster, increase access to it and supply services actively
- Compiling policy and necessary bylaws relating to services and activities of the library and preparing long-term, mid-term and short-term programs
- Gathering and analyzing the statistics of the library’s activity and providing the necessary reports
- Preparing guidelines and brochures in order to informing professors and students about the library’s resources and services
- Expert analysis of the status of faculties’ libraries
- Training the library’s staff uninterruptedly to get updated and using modern knowledge of librarianship and information
- Communicating with other information centers and carrying out inter-library borrowing within the country to remove the lack of resources
- Trying for client tribute
- Last Updated on Sunday, 13 November 2016
- Hits: 754